- Program Description
More Ancestral Quest Program Details and Links
“This incredible program is
amazingly simple to learn
and easy to use. You'll love it!”
Ancestral Quest Program Description
Ancestral Quest is an exciting program for Windows and Mac that makes it possible for anyone to do genealogy! It is easy-to-learn, fun to use and packed with powerful features.
- Create your Family Tree!
- Document your Sources with CitePro™ Technology
- Create enjoyable Multimedia Scrapbooks
- Research your family on the Internet with TreeTips™ and other tools
- Share your family on the Web
- Create a variety of elegant, functional Charts and Reports; you can include a background image on many of the reports
- Publish a Family Book complete with Table of Contents and Index
- Search, Filter and Focus your data using FilterPro™ Technology
- Review your family database using Pedigree, Family, Descendants, Name List, and Timeline views
- Record unlimited events for each individual and marriage, and easily copy Other Events to additional records
- Collaborate with others using AQ's exclusive NetFam™ capability
- Compare and Merge Databases
- Organize your research with the Research Manager and Log
- Examine Relationships
- Take Ancestral Quest with you on your flash or other removable drive using AQ2Go! Only available in Windows versions.
- Translate the AQ program screens and report headings into any language
- Ancestral Quest comes with the work “Line Upon Line - A Beginner's Guide to Genealogy” by Margery Bell to get you up and running with your genealogy immediately. Only available in Windows versions.
For LDS Users:
- Synchronize both AQ and PAF databases with FamilySearch Family Tree.
- True Database compatibility with PAF 5
- Ancestral Quest is a FamilySearch Compatible PAF Add-in
- Pre-Qualify names for submissions to the temple
- Update Ordinance information from FamilySearch Family Tree
For Jewish Users:
- Predefined Jewish events
- Produce Page of Testimony to preserve memory of Holocaust victims