New Features in
Ancestral Quest 11
Click here to see additional features introduced since version 3.0.
- Customize the Name List view to show any fields you want!
- Sort the Name List view on up to three fields. For example, sort by name, then by birth date.
- Speed Up entry of Source/ Citations. Memorize citations. Select from a list of recently memorized or recently used citations.
- Merge citations of a source. You can even have AQ automatically merge duplicate citations as they are created.
- Detailed Change Log. AQ will keep a detailed log of most changes to the file. This is particularly useful if you are Collaborating, as you can see who made the change!
- Generate IDs The ID is typically used to aid in auto merging, or in identifying how someone is related to a root person. Set the ID to:
- The RIN number
- The Ahnentafel Number for direct ancestors
- A relational code for those who are not direct ancestors
- Edit and Delete Marriages from the Marriage search screen.
- New! Online IGI Lookups - Get current ordinance data with just a few clicks of the mouse! (Click here to view the tutorial for this feature.)
- New! Print reports to a PDF file. Make them available on your web pages, or send them as e-mail attachments.
- New! Drop Line Charts. Print the line of descent from any ancestor to any descendant. See Example 1: Line of Descent Basic, and Example 2: Line of Descent Decorative.
- Sorted Place list now has a Summary mode -- just the list of places without the detail
- Sort places by largest geographic location to smallest, or smallest to largest
- Show sorted places by largest to smallest, or smallest to largest
- Enhanced tool for maintaining the quick entry place names
- Improved selection of "All Ancestral Related" filter to eliminate the selection of all related in most cases
Web Page Generation
- Images to be shown on web pages are only copied once (previous versions made a copy for each time the picture was referenced