Ancestral Quest Basics Download
Please download and run one of the two files listed below to install Ancestral Quest Basics.
Full Installer (about 35 MB) This version:
- is recommended if you are installing for the first time and have a fast Internet connection
- can be run after you disconnect from the Internet
- includes the free Swedish language module
- includes support for the advanced Collaboration feature (you will only want to install this one time)
Basic Installer (about 19 MB) This version:
- is recommended if you are updating your copy of AQ
- requires you to be connected to the Internet while installing, so that in the unlikely event that your machine does not have all the standard Windows installer components, they can be downloaded
- does not include the Collaboration Support; you can download the separate Collaboration installer if you wish to use that feature.
Once you click one of the above links:
- If you are prompted to Save or Run, choose Run, then continue down to step (b). If you do not see such a prompt, then save the file; if given a choice, save the file to your Windows Desktop. After it has downloaded, go run that AQ12-1xx.exe file to install the program. If you cannot find the file, go click on the Windows Start button and choose to search for AQ12-1. Once you find it, double-click the file to run it.
- During the installer, just click either Yes or Next to proceed through the installation. With the exception of entering your name into the User name field, you should not change anything on those installer screens.
Using Ancestral Quest Basics for free
Each time AQ starts up, it will ask you the version you wish to use. To use the free version, click on Use Ancestral Quest Basics.
You do not need to enter a Registration Key unless you decide to purchase the full Ancestral Quest program.